1. Your personal information is important to us
Tyrepower recognises the importance of protecting your privacy. This policy explains how we handle personal information that is collected on our web site. It reflects our company policies and our understanding of our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988.
2. Collecting information about you
Tyrepower collects limited amounts of personal information on its web site. At the times when we collect personal information we will make clear how we will use this information. The purposes for which we collect information include responding to enquiries, resolving a complaint or service problem, providing a quote, or booking in an appointment.
The kind of information that we collect on the web site is relatively limited. The only personal information we collect on our site is what you tell us about yourself, for example by providing information such as your name, address, phone and e-mail contact details, and information about your enquiry. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that contact.
3. Our purpose for collecting this information
The purpose for us collecting information about you on our site is usually obvious at the time when you provide it. For example, we collect personal information so that we can assist you with an enquiry, or respond to a request to make a booking to come to one of our outlets.
If you make an enquiry relating to something that needs to be handled by a local outlet, we will pass on information about your request to a local outlet. For example, we may provide information to a local outlet about a warranty enquiry, a service problem or in handling a request for a particular product.
4. Disclosing your personal information
Your personal information is confidential. Tyrepower will not disclose any information about you without your consent, unless:
- Required by law
- We believe it necessary to provide you with a service which you have requested, such as making a booking at a local outlet
- We clearly inform you at the time when we collect the information from you.
- To protect the rights, property or personal safety of another individual or Tyrepower in the unlikely event that the assets and operations of Tyrepower are transferred to another party as a going concern.
- We, or one of our local outlets, may collect your contact details so that we can remind you when it is time to service your tyres in the future. Our policy is to give you the choice as to whether or not you wish to receive further information about special offers, promotions, and reminders. If you indicate that you do not wish to receive these, we will not continue contacting you further for these purposes.
- We do not disclose information about you to advertisers or other companies. Tyrepower and its affiliates recognise the trust you place in us when you give us personal information. In order to operate the website or as part of our business operations we may sometimes share your personal information with a service provider. We will not otherwise disclose your personal information to other companies without your explicit consent.
6. Will you receive spam from Tyrepower?
We may contact you at the email or other address that you provide to us in order to respond to a query or request. We will not send you \'spam\' (advertising information).
7. Storage and security of your personal information
Tyrepower will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Your information is stored on secure servers and access to this information is restricted.
8. Links to other websites
Our sites may provide links to other websites that are outside of our control. We are not responsible for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the privacy policies of those websites.
9. What to do if you have a problem or question
10. Future changes